Ashleigh Gurtler, Holistic Heath Counselor, FitEngine health advisor and reporter
5 Ways to boost your energy instantly
1. Work out mid-day. When that mid afternoon slump hits head for the gym to get a little pep back in your step. It may even increase your productivity throughout the day.
2. Eat some complex carbs, like whole grains, to fuel up. They provide glucose for the brain and can help you feel more energized. Good whole grains are brown rice, 100% whole grain bread, quinoa, oats, barley, and even popcorn!
3. Opt for sugar-free drinks. An energy drink might seem like a good choice for a quick boost, but the high sugar and caffeine content found in most brands can lead to a major crash just an hour later.
4. Drink water. Even mild dehydration can cause you to feel sluggish, so chug a glass or two when fatigue hits.
5. Laugh. It’s a proven stress buster and it may even boost your mood.
Holistic Health Counselor
Click here for more information about Ashleigh and Holistic Health Counseling