You know how the recommended workout is 30 to 45 minutes daily? Well, what if chunks like that are elusive for you? You may not always have that kind of time to workout.
However, with a little creativity, you might be able to steal shorter workout times while going about your daily activities. They could even add up to the recommended amount of daily exercise time.
Studies show that short exercise routines are just as beneficial as the longer sessions.
- Try 5 to 10 minutes of jumping jacks before going into the shower.
- Do push-ups on your bed right after you awaken.
- Keep a set of free weights by the bathroom sink and do a few repetitions while giving yourself a nightly facial or removing your makeup.
- Take a brisk walk when you pick up your morning paper.
- Do squats while you’re watching the news.
Before you know it, you will be adding fitness into your day in a natural way!
FitEngine is your premier provider of inside information on the fitness industry and workout classes in NYC.
(Pic from Prevention.com)