If you’re trying to moderate your intake during this most tempting time of the year, consider these tips from FitEngine contributor and AADP Certified Holistic Health Coach, Ashleigh Gurtler:
– Opt for the small appetizer plate and don’t head back for seconds. If you’re faced with a bigger plate, divide it up so that half is fresh veggies or fruit, a quarter on fat like cheese, a quarter on carbs like crackers. Have one small sweet, like a bite size brownie or cookie.
– If you’re going to a party, eat a little before you go. Have something filling, like a cup of soup or a hearty greens salad with your protein of choice to avoid stuffing your face once you walk in.
– Stick to one, maybe two, cocktails. You want to enjoy yourself without going past your limit, especially if you’re in front of your boss. A couple of wise options:
- 6oz glass of red wine: 150 calories plus heart-healthy antioxidants
- A light beer: 100 calories
- A cocktail made with clear liquor, like vodka or gin, mixed with club soda and a lime wedge: 125 calories
There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. O. Henry
FitEngine provides insider information on workout classes in NYC.
From the FitEngine family to yours, have a great Thanksgiving!