The holidays are here, and are you really thinking about fitness and exercise? Are you thinking that you will ramp up your work out after Thanksgiving. Maybe. Kind’a.
Well, don’t worry. I promised you the Holiday Gut Buster and here is the solution to alleviate some of your holiday lack-of-exercise guilt.
The exercise is the simplest and in my opinion one of the best abdominal exercises you will thank me for over and over again. You might even tell your friends and say you thought of it yourself. wink. wink. This exercise is that good. And all it takes is 5 or 10 seconds to get the benefits.
1) Sit in the middle of a chair with your feet flat on the ground with your arms folded on the table (a sturdy table that won’t tip over when you press down on it …you’ll thank me for this jewel of disaster avoidance).
2) Lean forward with a neutral spine and put weight onto your arms and elbows. Engage your abs — think belly button to spine.
3) Now…lift up both knees as high as you can.
4) Oh man…say hello to your abs!!
5) Don’t slouch and release that tension in your neck. Breathe and hold for 5-10 seconds.
If you want more. Straighten your legs and hold 5-10 sec, if you want even more lower and lift your legs 5-10x.
This exercise can be done at the thanksgiving table, in starbucks, heck, even at a conference room table, anywhere you are sitting in front of a sturdy table/desk.
I call this the guilt-no-more Ab exercise. I do this exercise a few times during the day.
You can also try pilates exercises for Abs. Pilates techniques is the best form of exercise for core strengthening. Doing Pilates on the mat or using apparatus 2-3 times per week will tighten your abdominals and ensure your see your six-pack.
Tasha Norman – Certified Pilates Instructor at FitEngine Fitness
FitEngine Fitness @ Moving Visions Downtown
Private sessions and Group classes. Expert Instructors.
Pilates, Yoga, Fitness and Thai Yoga Massage.
Book your next Pilates session!
19 Murray Street, 3rd Floor, (Tribeca, NYC) 646-650-2770
FitEngine.com offers fitness classes in NYC. FitEngine is the founding sponsor of Tendu, Inc, a non-profit entity that produces NYC Dance Week and NYC10.
The secret to flat abs
Achieving flat abs is hard as you think. From crunches to planks to pilates exercise for abs, you can practice these exercises anywhere, anytime to get amazing abs. Flatten your tummy and strengthen your core with simple, pain free abs tightening workouts.