Just in time for the weight loss resolution season, US News & World Report came out with a list of the best weight-loss diets this week.
Amidst the disclaimers and ads, here are the top ten:
- Weight Watchers (Scored best at short and long term weight loss)
- Biggest Loser (Good short term, moderately well long term)
- Jenny Craig (Can you keep the weigh off after you stop eating the JC food?)
- Raw Food Diet (A restrictive, labor-intensive diet that, while it works, is not for everyone)
- Atkins (Good for short term weight loss)
- Flexitarian Diet (Semi-vegetarians weigh less than carnivores)
- Slim-Fast (Relatively high scores for short and long term weight loss)
- Spark Solution Diet (Exercise and healthy, reduced calorie eating will cause weigh loss but what happens after the first two weeks of meal plans)
- Vegan Diet (Must be very committed to veganism to make this work)
You can read the rest of the diets at: http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-weight-loss-diets. The piece also discusses how each of the 32 diets work. (BTW- the new rage Paleo Diet came in at number 32).
FitEngine is the premiere provider of fitness information and workout classes in NYC.